It must be filed immediately. Cause for delay may be mentioned, if there is any.
2. If given orally, it MUST be taken down in writing and explained to you by the officer in charge, at a Police Station within the jurisdiction of which the offence has taken place.
3. There should be four copies recorded simultaneously, with carbon sheets in place.
4. Recorded in the first person.It may be filed in English or in your Regional Language.
5. Avoid complicated, technical words, terminologies , unnecessary details and more importantly do not offer your views.
6.No overwriting or coring out.
7. Ensure that the arrival/departure time is mentioned in the FIR and in the Daily Diary Register at the Police Station