It is curious to note that whether it is made or a natural one, the hindu temples are unique.
It is a moot point whether the spots that occur naturally have legends been attributed to them.
But it seems that one can not weave legends around a country as big as India, with not less than 22 official languages and about 1350 Dialects, each with a distinct culture .
One such amazing temple is that of ord Shiva at Yana, near Sirsi, Karnataka.
The place has two natural peaks , both black, yet one finds the sand white.
In the Bairaveaswara temple in the peak, one finds a Swayambhu Linga of Lord Shiva.
One has to go around the peaks by holding on to the cave walls ,when black dust attaches to your hands.
The Mohini peak is nearby.
This is the place, as the legend has it,where Bhasmasura was turned into ashes by Lord Mahavishnu in His Avatar as Mohini, to save Lord Shiva who granted a Boon to Bhasmasura that what ever he touched would turn into ashes.
Bhasmasura, by austere penance, obtained a boon from lord Shiva. This boon made it so that when Bhasmasura placed his hand over any one’s head, he would burn them up and turn them into ashes (bhasma). It is further narrated that, in order to test his powers, Bhasmasura wanted to place his hands on his patron Lord Shiva’s head. He chased Shiva, which unnerved Shiva and prompted him to move from his heavenly abode to earth to seek the help of Lord Vishnu. Vishnu transformed himself to help Shiva, adopting the form of beautiful damsel named Mohini who enticed Bhasmasura with her beauty. Bhasmsura was quite infatuated by Mohini, and agreed to a challenge she issued for a dance competition.
During the dance competition, Mohini cleverly performed a dance bhang (“pose”) with hand over head. Without realizing the gravity of this act, the demon king also placed his hand over his head and perished by the fire of his own hands, he was converted into ashes. It is believed that the fire that emanated during this act was so intense that the limestone formations in the Yana area were blackened. The loose black soil or ash seen around the two large rock formations in the area are cited as proof of the legend by devotees who see them as due to the fire and that ashes produced by Bhasmasura death. The two hillocks are also named for this event: the tall peak being Bhairaveshwara Shikhara (“Shiva’s hill”), and the smaller peak, a few steps down below, being Mohini Shikhara (“Mohini’s hill”) where an idol of goddess Parvathi is installed.
Yana (Kannada: ಯಾಣ) is a village located in forests of the Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka, India which is known for the unusual rock formations (Karst) or (Asteroid). It is located in the Sahyadri mountain range of the Western Ghats, about 60 kilometres (37 mi) from Karwar port, 40 kilometres (25 mi) from Sirsi, and 31 kilometres (19 mi) from Kumta. The two unique rockoutcrops near the village are a tourist attraction and easily approachable by a small trek through 0.5 kilometres (0.31 mi) of thick forests from the nearest road head.
Yana is famous for these two massive rock outcrops known as the Bhairaveshwara Shikhara and the Mohini Shikhara (“Shikhara” means “hill”). The huge rocks are composed of solid black, crystalline Karst limestone. Bhairaveshwara Shikhara is 120 metres (390 ft) in height, while the Mohini Shikhara, which is smaller, is 90 metres (300 ft) in height. Yana is also well known as a pilgrimage centre because of the cave temple below the Bhairaveshwara Shikhara where a Swayambhu (“self manifested”, or “that which is created by its own accord”) linga has been formed. Water drips from the roof over the linga, adding to the sanctity of the place.
The two rock monoliths or hillocks, surrounded by thick forests and streams, rise sharply above the surrounding area near Yana village. They are part of the Sahyadri hill range in the Western Ghats in South India and give a conspicuous identity to Yana and the entire hill range. In the first rock hill, Bhairaveshwara Shikhara, there is 3 metres (9.8 ft) wide opening in the rock face that leads into a cave. Within the cave, there is a bronze statue of ‘Chandika’, an incarnation of the goddess Durga. The cave has a swayambu (“self manifested”) Shiva Linga (“symbol of Shiva”) over which spring water trickles from the roof of the tunnel overhead. Emerging as a small stream, called the Chandihole, it eventually merges with the Aghanashini River at Uppinapattana. Local people interprete this as the emergence of the a river, Gangodbhava (emerging Ganges). There are about 61 limestone rock structures, within a radius of 3 km, of which two are of notable size.
The natural creation of the Shiva linga in the cave is attributed by scientists to the geological phenomenon formed by stalactites and stalagmites in limestone formations .
How To Reach.
The road distances on the NH 17 connecting Yana village are: Kumta – 25 kilometres (16 mi), Sirsi – 40 kilometres (25 mi), Gokarna – 52 kilometres (32 mi) and Hubli – 142 kilometres (88 mi). The nearest rail head is at Kumta, and the nearest airport is Hubli. The road fromBangalore is via Sirsi – a distance of 410 kilometres (250 mi) by National Highway 4 (NH 4). The best approach to Yana is from Kumta or Sirsi. A road deviation between these two towns on the highway is near the village of Kathagala. There is also an alternate route to reach Sirsi from Yana via Sundholle and Anegundi. A single lane road was constructed in the thick forest which reduces the trek-length 0.5 kilometres (0.31 mi) and drawing more number of tourists.
It is human nature to dismiss as fantasy or sheer non sense when one can not understand an event.
I may point out until the late 80’s people would have been horrified and would have called you mad if you told them that you could see and talk to people with a small handheld device!
I recall, in the early 60’s, that I used to gape at a medium-sized box(later I came to know it was called a Transistor) which was emitting songs and remember looking for some wire that should have been there!
Now all these are found to be true and in the latter case we have even forgotten it!
This shows that it is only our inability to grasp things and it is not fantasy when some thing is thought of by the Human Mind.
I am a believer, this is not a sinful word at all, in the fact that what the Human Mind can conceive it can execute or had already executed by some one.
That’s why one does not find a word in Sanskrit describing things as Supra Normal or a Miracle,.
The closest word one finds, in such circumstances, is strange,”Aascharyam’ or Indescribable, ‘Avaktavya’.
When one looks at Indian History and Puranas with the blinker that only the present civilization is the most advanced in the History of Mankind and the whatever is said of the ancient times, is sheer non sense and pure fantasy.
When one talks of the aeons , yugas in Hinduism running into thousands or even lakhs of years, or events which talk of highly developed scientific thoughts in those periods, one passes the remark ‘pure fantasy”
Not at all.
One such instance is the description of the Tamil Sangams found in Tamil literature and in Sanskrit texts.
texts mention that Lord Krishna attended the Tamil Sangam as a Guest!
I have written article on this.
Because of our inability to understand we dismiss the Sangam period as a figment of imagination and the number of years it lasted , the number of Kings who patronised.
The Sangam period is assigned between 400 BC to 500 AD, that too the the Third and Last Sangam.
The earlier two Sangams are dismissed as legends!
Lets look what these ‘Legends’ say .
The first Sangam was head-quartered in a city named Then-madurai (Southern Madurai). It was patronised by a succession of eighty-nine kings and survived for an unbroken period of 4,400 years during which time it approved an immense collection of poems and literature. At the end of that golden age the First Sangam was destroyed when a deluge arose and the entire city was swallowed by the sea along with large parts of the land area of Kumari Kandam. However, the survivors, saving some of the books, were able to relocate further north to the Srilankan side.
They established a Second Sangam in a city called Kavatapuram which lasted 3,700 years. The same fate befell this city as well when it too was swallowed by the sea and lost forever all its works with the sole exception of the Tolkappiyam, a work on Tamil grammar. Following the inundation of Kavatapuram, the survivors once again relocated northward in a city identified with modern Madurai in Tamilnadu, then known as Vada-madurai (Northern Madurai).
The Third Sangam lasted for a period of 1850 years’
These numbers seem to imaginary from our stand point.
How wrong this is and the Proof that they were facts.
I have earlier written an article that the Star Canopus, called Agastya proves the date of Sanatana Dharma by cross referencing Agastya’s visit to the South and another one dealing how the earth’s Axial Tilt is proved by Canopus and Agastya.
Based on thi,s date of Agastya can be fixed around 4000 BC.
1. Agastya, is the author of 25 hymns (nos 166 to 190) of the first ‘mandala’ of the Rigveda.
2. Canopus, the second brightest star in the night sky, is called Agastya in India.
3. This star is close to the ecliptic south pole, having an ecliptic latitude of –76°.
4. As the celestial poles go round the ecliptic poles due to the phenomenon of precession of the earth’s axis of rotation, this star becomes visible from different latitudes on the globe at different times. If we assume that for a star to be visible at a place its altitude at the meridian passage should be at least 5°, then calculations give the visibility curve for Agastya (Canopus) as follows.
5. Agastya was not visible from any part of India before 10,000 BC.
6. First it became visible at Kanyakumari around that epoch. Thereafter, as it was brought more and more northwards by precession, it became visible at various places in India.
7. It became visible in the east coast (in the present Chennai region) in 8500 BC, and in the present day Hyderabad in 7200 BC, in the Vindhya region in 5200 BC, at Delhi in 3100 BC.
8. At present it is visible from most parts of India for longer or shorter durations. This cycle will repeat after every 25,765 years. It is thus clear that around 5000 BC, the star Agastya was visible from the south of the Vindhyas, but not from the north of it.
9. If sage Agastya was the first to cross the Vindhyas from the north, he would have been the first northerner to see the star. Hence the star has been named after him, just as the Magellanic clouds in the southern sky are named after the navigator Magellan, who first saw them as he sailed southwards.
10. This fixes an epoch of 5000 BC for sage Agastya. This date is based on the assumption that for a star to be visible its meridian altitude has to be at least 5°.
11. If we make 8° meridian altitude as the criterion for visibility, the date of Agastya would be shifted to about 4000 BC. The dates 5000 and 4000 BC should therefore bracket the probable epoch of Agastya crossing the Vindhyan mountains.
Sangams 1, 2 and 3 were patronized by 89, 59 and 49 Pandyan kings respectively.
The first Sangam was supposed to have been started by Agastya under instruction by Lord Shiva.
This was before Shiva left with Ganesha through the middle east to Arctic because of a Tsunami when Satyavrata Manu , the ancestor of Lord Rama left for Ayodhya.
The last Sangam ended sometime at the beginning of the Christian era.
197 kings ruled between these two dates.
If we assume a span of 20 years for each king on an average, we get a total period of about 4000 years, which would place Agastya’s epoch around 4000 BC, in agreement with the astronomical dating.
Thus Canopus verifies the Sangam and the Sangams stand by Canopus or Agastya.
Additional proof for the antiquity of Tamil and Agastya, Shiva please read my post on Poompuhaar where the artifact has been dated 17000 years back.
I have received a message from my friend Daniel Dragomirescu,Romanian writer and journalist, born in Bucharest, a Humanist and a part of Contemporary literary Horizon,an International Literary Magazine.
He has forwarded me a write-up from Manzoor Hussain Parwana is the Chairman of Gilgit Baltistan United Movement.
Mr.Manzoor Hussain Parwana highlights the illegal attempts of Pakistan to implicate Gilgit Balistan to Kashmir Problem and all the parties in Pakistan work in tandem to subdue the National spirit of these Gilgit Baltistan people.
While every one knows that Pakistan is trying hard to divert its people’s attention to Kashmir and gain Internationalise this issue, of
no avail now,the issue of Gilgit Baltistan is being kept under the wraps
Moreover Pakistan wants to use this issue as a bargain chip with China.
In the process the cries of the people remain unheard.
What India does is likely to affect these people.
Time India took it own stand instead of reacting to US and China.
This is the write-up from Mr.Manzoor Hussain Parwana.
– The clash of interests can be won through power, whereas the conflict of ideologies has to be ascended by means of wisdom. Galileo’s head was chopped, on stating that the world is circular but later he proved to be correct. Similarly; perhaps if someone says today that Gilgit Baltistan will be the independent state of tomorrow on Galileo’s round planet, he will meet a similar fate. Besides, Gilgit Baltistan is a significant strategic crossroad country of the world, spreading over twenty eight thousand square miles of area situated in the midst of four nuclear powers of the world. This important region between CAR (Newly Independent Central Asian Republics), China, Pakistan and India is also known as the roof of the world. The three highest and mightiest mountain ranges of the world i.e. Karakoram, Hindukush and Himalaya also join hands here. Furthermore, this land is the focus of attention of tourists and adventurers; world over. In addition to this the said country is extensively rich in mineral wealth and immense natural resources. The increasing interest of USA, the development activities of His Highness Prince Karim Agha Khan, rising yearn of the people for independence and the developing activities of religious parties and Jehadi organizations are giving birth to notions at international level of Gilgit-Baltistan emerging as an independent country on the map of the world. In this context, initially the speculations of an Agha Khan Ismaili State consisting of areas of Gilgit Baltistan and Chitral, American Colony and of an Independent State have attracted attention of the people interested in Gilgit-Baltistan and thus are enhancing their curiosity. In the ensuing research work, the writer has endeavored to briefly present the various aspects and consequent possibilities of the rapid changing geo-political environments, by keeping in mind the interests and emotions of the people of Gilgit Baltistan; so as to keep them alert to wisely face the emerging conditions.
– FIFTH PROVINCE OF PAKISTAN:
– In accordance with the basic UNCIP Resolution of 13 August 1948, Supplementary UNCIP Resolution of 5 January 1949, internationally accepted maps and Supreme Court of Pakistan decisions; Gilgit-Baltistan is a part of the Kashmir Dispute. This region was temporarily handed over to Pakistan for administrative ease as a result of Karachi Agreement of 28 April1949. The Govt of Pakistan wanted to and still wants that these areas be made permanent part and parcel of the State of Pakistan but ironically it is facing great political and legal difficulties in this context. In the international scenario; legally, geographically and constitutionally, these areas are very clearly not part of Pakistan. Despite all these proven ground realities, some political parties are demanding that this region be declared as the fifth province of Pakistan; which is merely a baseless propaganda ploy aiming at keeping the people aloof from political struggle. These political parties are insisting on this illogical and foolish demand, either being politically naïve/ immature or ignorant of the geographical conditions and the fact that Gilgit-Baltistan is not legal part of Pakistan and the state which is not part of any county, then how come that state can be a province of that country? Secondly these people are at the height of materialism or enemy of the masses who want to mislead the simple people and keep them away from their right by plotting the drama of fifth province. Till Kashmir dispute is not resolved, Gilgit Baltistan is neither able to become a part of Pakistan nor province, because if Govt of Pakistan makes the mistake of correcting the legal setup of Gilgit-Baltistan, then the Kashmir Problem will be disturbed. There is no doubt that 2 millions deprived masses of Gilgit and Baltistan are restless to come out from the dark nights of 56 years of slavery and injustice to the bright day because new generation doesn’t wants to repeat old historical folly again.
– SHIA STATE:
– The Iranian Islamic Revolution has made deep and long lasting effects on the society of Gilgit- Baltistan. The main cause of which are the Shia ulemas and students who are associated with the religious institutes of Qom and Mashad. The Shia community of Gilgit-Baltistan has passionate association with Islamic Revolution of Iran. The practical demonstration of this passionate association can be seen off and on. Inspite of the rallies and demonstrations in favor of Iran and against its political opponents, give this point more strength that there is a secret hand working for the benefit of Iran. Due to this point or fear some people develop the feeling that Gilgit-Baltistan will become a Shia State. People believe that ideal personality of Imam Khomeini and the ideal Shia Govt of Iran is a model for the Shia community of Gilgit-Baltistan but history tells us that the passionate association of the Shia school of thought is at its own place but the Govt of Iran has nothing to do with the Shia majority areas of Gilgit-Baltistan. The proof of which is the silence of Iran over 1988 incident (killing of Shias). Being aware of this fact still some parties are afraid that if Gilgit-Baltistan will become an independent State then due to the majority of masses it will become a Shia State. But the Shia majority of Gilgit-Baltistan thinks that it will be beneficial for them to become the fifth province of Pakistan, according to them if Gilgit-Baltistan will become 5th province, it will be the province of Shia majority which will play a vital role in the protection of the rights of other Shia community of Pakistan. To give this formula a practical form, Tehrik-e- Jafria of Pakistan has been actively participating in the elections of Gilgit-Baltistan. In this era there is no chance of Gilgit-Baltistan becoming a Shia State or a Shia majority province because Shias here are not being supported by Iran and neither the world powers are in favor of such a state in this sensitive and important area.
– UNITED KASHMIR OR SUNNI STATE:
– The patriotic parties of Azad Jammu and Kashmir working for the independence have this opinion that the state of Gilgit-Baltistan is the unbreakable part of Jammu Kashmir. They demand for an independent united Kashmir consisting of Jammu and Kashmir, Kargil, Ladakh and Gilgit-Baltistan. According to them this is the only solution of the problem of Kashmir and the benefit and freedom of the masses of Kashmir is that they neither become part of Pakistan or India and struggle for its own independence. The struggle of patriotic politicians of Kashmir for an independent Kashmir is getting stronger day by day on national and international level. On the other hand the Sunni school of thought, who are a majority in Kashmir, wants to liberate Indian held Kashmir and are enthusiastic in making it a part of Pakistan. According to them Pakistan is a Sunni majority state therefore the masses of the State of Kashmir should also get into this fort of Islam. They are against making Gilgit-Baltistan a part or the province of Pakistan. Firstly they want to make Gilgit-Baltistan a part of Kashmir and then Kashmir a part of Pakistan. Behind their dual policy, the role of secret agencies and their secret pursuits cannot be ignored. Therefore the Shia school of thought is afraid that if this plan will succeed then they will be deprived of their rights and the dream of Shia majority state will be shattered. This fear forces them to raise their voices against this plan. Jammat Ahle Sunnat, Ahle Hadith and Jammat-e-Islami are doing their best to join Gilgit-Baltistan with Azad Jammu and Kashmir. These Jahadi parties have their network in Gilgit-Baltistan. The Warriors and Mujahidins of these Jahadi Parties are filled with the passion of Jehad and are struggling to make Kashmir a part of Pakistan and Gilgit-Balistan a part of Kashmir. The World powers have not only taken a thorough view of the increasing activities of Mujahidins in Gilgit-Baltistan but rather being afraid of these activities, the policy makers have changed their view over the problem of Kashmir, Before the incident of 9/11, it was presumed that may be the world powers will make Kashmir an independent country but after seeing the activities of Mujahidins in the state of Kashmir they have blocked all the roads leading towards the creation of an independent State, as it would be considered a victory for these Jahadi parties. Naturally American and other important World powers will not like this idea. It appears now that America and other World powers will help in the division of Kashmir. For this purpose and to accomplish their plan, their eyes are now on Kargil, Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral.
– AGHA KHAN STATE:
– From last two or three decades, many magazines and newspapers are publishing articles and stories about the creation of an Agha Khan State consisting of Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral. Many analysts and observers consider the creation of an “Agha Khan State” not impossible. The role of Agha Khan Ruler Support Program (AKRSP) cannot be ignored in giving birth to the propaganda of Agha Khan State. Right from the beginning people had this feeling that behind this social and developmental program of AKRSP, Agha Khan wanted to get hold of these areas. According to the religious leaders (Moulvies) he is trying to spoil the faith of people and to support this idea, the Shia and Sunni leaders have made speeches against AKRSP being impious. Despite, all these struggles, AKRSP gained popularity among the people and today in the development of Gilgit-Batistan the role of Agha Khan Foundation is undeniable. His Highness Agha Khan is the 49th Imam of Ismaili community and a large number of people have religious faith in Agha Khan in Gilgit-Baltistan. For these people, personality of Agha Khan; spiritually, religiously and politically is very honorable and Agha Khan is also very sympathetic and affectionate towards his followers. Agha Khan often visits these areas to remain aware of the religious and worldly problems of his followers. From all this it can be judged that there is a secret plan of making an Independent Agha Khan State consisting of Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral. The keen interest of Agha Khan in Gilgit-Baltistan and because of his good relations with American and European countries it won’t be surprising if Gilgit-Baltistan will become an independent Agha Khani State.
– AMERICAN COLONY:
– After getting hold of Oil, America is now planning to get hold over water. According to the specialists ” The Third World War will be over fresh water”. Glaciers, rivers and streams of Karakorum, Hamalaya and Hindukush situated in Gilgit-Baltistan are the second big source of fresh water in the world. In order to win the war over fresh water in the near future, America has started working over plans and to make these plans successful, America’s eyes are now over Deosai Plains. In the south of Skardu Baltistan, Deosai is the highest plateau above Sea level in the world. Due to its beauty, length/width, tourism, geographical and defensive importance, America and Britain have often asked Pakistan to let them use these plains for their military purposes, but this is delayed or refused by the Pakistani Government due to the opposition and demonstrations of the local people …The situation of Deosai in Gilgit Baltistan and connection with the despute of Kashmir is helping America in clearing this obstacle. By making Kashmir an atomic flash point, Pakistan and India have opened the doors for America to interfere and now to enter Gilgit- Baltistan, America has raised the agenda of protecting water from atomic and chemical pollution. Besides Deosai, America is now in the hope to occupy Siachin, the highest battle field and Shahra-e-Resham(KKH), the ancient trading route. Gilgit-Baltistan which is full of natural resources and a paradise for tourists is now being wanted by America to make it a Tourist as well as a Free trade Zone. To step into Gilgit-Baltistan, 20 lac masses are the biggest weapon for America. It seems that America will achieve its goal by giving basic and legal rights to the masses of this area because the people of this area have been waiting since 56 years for such an angel who will free them from slavery and helplessness. America is master in these matters, as at present it has also given back snatched rights to the people of Afghanistan and Iraq and has led them to the path of democracy. The government of Pakistan and India cannot block the interference of America in Gilgit-Baltistan, because America can use the Resolution of United Nations on Kashmir dispute as a weapon. America has a valid reason to interfere in the matters of Gilgit-Baltistan by using the basic resolution of United Nation passed on 13th of August 1948, over Kashmir. Mostly it is thought that China will not tolerate the interference of America in these areas. It is a one sided thought because the interference of America in Gilgit-Baltistan does not effect China rather it will protect the interests of China, by opposing America China, cannot risk its economical interests in the world market. It is proved by a valid source that China is very suspicious about the activities and the training camps of Islamic Mujahidiens in Gilgit-Baltistan because China does not likes such activities on its border areas and if America will occupy this area China will take a sign of relief. Now, China is also afraid of the movement for the great Tibet in Baltistan. To please China, America has offered concessions in the World trade market and also regarding Hong Kong. The border benefits given to China by India in Tibet and Ladakh are a chain of this matter. To give success to their plans in near future, America and European countries have spread the network of NGO’s in Gilgit-Baltistan. The activities of some NGO’s are a source of alarm/ knell for the literate community of this area. Till now, efforts are in hand by these NGO’s so as to please this aware community so that no voice is raised against them. To smooth its ways in the near future, America can provide benefits to common people and nationalists. It is a universal truth that two million masses who are the victims of cruelty since 56 years will fight against the rule of America in these areas but it is also worth noticing that the rule of America in these areas will merely be the change of masters because these people are accustomed to celebrate slavery and change of masters. The hatred for America by religious parties is at its own place but if Dollar will replace Rayal and Tuman then new sermons will change the opinion of the masses. Now it is to be seen that how long will it take America to change Last Colony into American Colony.
– GILGIT-BALTISTAN STATE:
– The masses of Gilgit-Baltistan are desperately feeling the loss of their legal and basic rights. These days, the learned community wants to see Gilgit-Baltistan in the row of Cultured and developed countries. This community is known as Nationalists in this area, many Nationalist Parties are struggling for the rights of the masses of Gilgit-Baltistan with various motives. The motives of some parties are very clear but nothing can be said about others. The theory of all these parties towards national identity, culture, history and geography is same. In spite of unfavorable conditions, the struggle of these parties for the reformation of the national identity of the masses is increasing day by day. The new generation can foresee their bright and secure future in the Independent State of Gilgit-Baltistan. The parties with most firm and clear opinion in Gilgit-Baltistan are Balawaristan National Front (BNF), Gilgit Baltistan United Movement (GBUM), Karakuram National Movement (KNM). BNF is struggling to make an independent state consisting of Gilgit-Baltistan, Kargil, Ladakh, Chitral and Kohistan. Although GBUM is demanding to reinstate “Republic of Gilgit Baltistan “at the position of 1st November 1947. The chairman of BNF Abula Hamid Khan and GBUM Chairman, Manzoor Parwana were sent to prison several times on sedition charges by the govt. of Pakistan in Gilgit. Abul Hamid Khan is self exiled in Europe now a days while Manzoor Parwana is facing sedition charges in the Paksitani courts and restricted to move abroad.
Gilgit-Baltistan Democratic Alliance (GBDA) is the name for the union of Nationalists parties. GBDA is working for 2 objectives which are based on the reformation of national identity of the masses of Gilgit-Baltistan. This union has clear stance for an independent state of Gilgit Baltistan. Although the independent Gilgit-Baltistan is the main object of nationalist’s parties so they are facing sedition cases on raising their voices for the rights of the people.
– Beside these Nationalist Parties Federal Representative Parties like PPP, PML, PTI, MWM Pakistan, Jammet Ulmah Islam and Jammat-e-Islami also working in Gilgit-Baltistan and these parties are working on the motive to make Gilgit-Baltistan a Province of Pakistan or make it a part of Kashmir. These parties have the motive that the war of liberation of 1947 was fought to make Gilgit-Baltistan a part of Pakistan and the masses of Gilgit-Baltistan had voted to make it a part of Pakistan. On the contrary the Nationalist parties have this motive that the war of liberation of 1947-48 was fought for making Gilgit-Baltistan an independent state and they were succeeded. On 1 November 1947 Independent State of Gilgit-Baltistan appeared on the map of world but after 16 days Pakistan took over the charge therefore Gilgit Baltistan should be reformed. Some communities are afraid that the struggle of these nationalist parties is giving strength to other countries especially America to interfere in the matters of Gilgit Baltistan and to get its objective in the near future America can support these nationalist parties but these parties are working on their plan against making Gilgit Baltistan an American Colony or Agha Khan State. According to them, their struggle is to liberate the people of Gilgit-Baltistan from the slavery of others rather to make them slave of others because only the people of Gilgit-Baltistan have the right to rule Gilgit-Baltistan. Agha Khan State or American Colony will be a constant threat to Pakistan, India, China and Central Asian Countries. The prophecies for the future of Gilgit-Baltistan are at its peak now a day. The truth is that Gilgit-Baltistan is passing through the phase of decision-making, if the people of this area made good decisions then the future of Gilgit-Baltistan is very bright in this Global Village, otherwise the tug of war for these areas will lead the World to 3rd World War.
Hindu Puranas state that Sage Agastya was ordered by Lord Shiva to proceed to the South to rectify the balance of the Earth as it tilted down in the south because of the congregation of Devas and people of the earth in the North, Himalayas to attend His (Shiva’s) marriage with Parvati.
Accordingly Sage Agasthya traveled down from the North to the South and had the Earth’s balance restored.
Is this a fantasy?
Hinduism narrates events and philosophy in two ways.
One is stating facts as they are, if in its opinion we are capable of understanding it.
For example the details on Astrology or the events related to the Ithihasas, Ramayana, Mahabharata.
In other cases they allude to events by interesting legends, like saying that there is Chanda Loka(world of the Moon) to convey a stage of spiritual development in Pranayama.
It is interesting to note that these two technics are followed to denote the same event, as in the description of Sun’s Movement in His Chariot and the description of Vishnu’s Naval Galaxy.
The incident narrated above falls into Allegory , relating to formation of seasons.
This is validated by Milankovitch Cycles.
‘Axial tilt, the second of the three Milankovitch Cycles, is the inclination of the Earth’s axis in relation to its plane of orbit around the Sun. Oscillations in the degree of Earth’s axial tilt occur on a periodicity of 41,000 years from 21.5 to 24.5 degrees.
Today the Earth’s axial tilt is about 23.5 degrees, which largely accounts for our seasons. Because of the periodic variations of this angle the severity of the Earth’s seasons changes. With less axial tilt the Sun’s solar radiation is more evenly distributed between winter and summer. However, less tilt also increases the difference in radiation receipts between the equatorial and polar regions.
One hypothesis for Earth’s reaction to a smaller degree of axial tilt is that it would promote the growth of ice sheets. This response would be due to a warmer winter, in which warmer air would be able to hold more moisture, and subsequently produce a greater amount of snowfall. In addition, summer temperatures would be cooler, resulting in less melting of the winter’s accumulation. At present, axial tilt is in the middle of its range.’
There is another legend relating to Agastya, which states that Agastya crossing over to the South and in the process made he Vindhya Mountain shorter.
I have written on this while writing on Canopus and stated that it coincides with the Migration of Manu from the South to Ayodhya.
Yet another states that Agastya drank Ocean( I shall be writing on this).
In astronomy, axial tilt (also called obliquity) is the angle between an object’s rotational axis and the perpendicular to its Orbital plane, both oriented by the right hand rule. At an obliquity of 0°, these lines point in the same direction i.e. the rotational axis is perpendicular to the orbital plane. Axial tilt differs from inclination. Because the planet Venus has an axial tilt of 177° its rotation can be considered retrograde, opposite that of most of the other planets.The north pole of Venus is “upside down” relative to its orbit. The planet Uranus has a tilt of 97°, hence it rotates “on its side”, its north pole being almost in the plane of its orbit.
Over the course of an orbit, the angle of the axial tilt does not change, and the orientation of the axis remains the same relative to the background stars. This causes one pole to be directed toward the Sun on one side of the orbit, and the other pole on the other side, the cause of the seasons on the Earth.
Now Palaeo-anthropology has found amazing, correlation of this genealogy with the genetic profile of humans settled in north, south, east and west of India since the Holocene (about 11000 years BP) to the present. Almost all the important studies in palaeo- anthropology, including those carried out by Kenneth A. R. Kennedy and Cavalli-Sfroza, have concluded that genetic profile of people of the Indian subcontinent has remained the same for last more than 55000 years and that for last 11000 years this profile is of culturally developing people who had started speaking a structured language and were taking cooked food. .”
“A very interesting study was recently conducted by Dr. Gyaneshwar Chaubey of Estonian Biocentre. He scanned genepool of three most ancient tribes mentioned in Ramayana, i.e. Kol (e.g. Guh nishad), Bhil (e.g. Bhilni) and Gond, and compared the results with their neighboring populations and other world populations. It was concluded that the genepool of these tribes was primarily founded over indigenous component, having continuity for last over ten thousand years.’
“In the Indian context, we are now familiar with the work of U.S anthropologists Kenneth Kennedy, John Lukacs and Brian Hemphill.3 Their chief conclusion, as far as the Aryan debate is concerned, is that there is no trace of “demographic disruption” in the North-West of the subcontinent between 4500 and 800 BCE; this negates the possibility of any massive intrusion, by so-called Indo-Aryans or other populations, during that period.
Die-hard proponents of such an invasion / migration have therefore been compelled to downscale it to a “trickle-in” infiltration,4 limited enough to have left no physical trace, although they are at pains to explain how a “trickle” was able to radically alter India’s linguistic and cultural landscape when much more massive invasions of the historical period failed to do so.5 Other proponents still insist that “the Indo-Aryan immigrants seem to have been numerous and strong enough to continue and disseminate much of their culture,”6 but do not explain how the “immigrants” failed to leave any trace in the anthropological record.