In India we used to give Castor oil as a Laxative.
But this has to be practiced since childhood.
As this was not the case with my daughter, I tried Plantains on the first day and Greens in food the next day.
I could try Epsom Salt.
But my daughter insisted that we go to a hospital, that to a Super Specialty at that in Chennai.
We went there, consulted a Physician, who directed us to a Gastroenterologist..
While examining my daughter the Doctor was quizzing on where my daughter was working, whether she had Medical Claim facility.
Then he asked us to come for an Endoscopy the next Day , with an empty stomach and said that he was prescribing a medicine.
He added that it might relieve the bowel problem and that to prevent(!) such problems an Endoscopy is needed,it would cost Rs.800!
The medicine costed us Rs. 2.90 paise and the Consultation fee was Rs 300!
The Medicine..Epsom Salt!
Many Doctors indirectly pressurize you into taking unnecessary Medical Tests.
A Novice Doctor will tell you’ you should take the Test”
The experienced and the wily ones will tell you,
Of course, you need not have these tests.
But in my experience I have seen cases becoming complex if these Preliminary Tests are not taken!
What would you do?
You would take these Tess.
Not only these Tests are costly, but in some cases they may be dangerous to Health.
I am providing information on the Test that are wholly unnecessary with Links.
Assert your rights with your Doctor.
Routinely performing annual PAP tests for women 30 to 65 years old.
• Prescribing antipsychotic medication as a first choice to treat behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia.
• Prescribing testosterone in men with erectile dysfunction and normal testosterone levels.
• Screening healthy people — with no symptoms — for cancer using a PET/CT scan.
• Treating an elevated PSA in men with antibiotics when no other symptoms are present.
• Prescribing Xanax, Valium, Ativan, and other drugs known as benzodiazepines in older patients as a first choice for insomnia, agitation or delirium.