Those who know English would not have missed enjoying Shakespeare,.
If ever a Poet/Dramatist were to be found who could mirror emotions in simple powerful words it is the bard of Avon.
I have some post on him.
The most famous of his lines in As You Like It’ on the Stages of Man is a piece in itself…
If Shakespeare could do it,Tamil could do it better, in classifying the Chronological Age of man and Woman.
Tamil , a Language of antiquity, alive and kicking well, has made life into an At by its literature and its classification of Life in Grammar.
Tamils have divide Life into two parts, one that deals with external activities expressed outwards, like War,Arguments,Valor,Philanthropy, called Puram(The term means ‘outside’).
Another is Aham(inside) which deals with emotions like Love, Despair.
Under Aham the chronological Age of Man and Woman has been taken to classify Ages.
பெண்களின் ஏழு பருவங்கள்:-(Seven Ages of Woman)
* 1 வயது முதல் 8 வயது வரை – பேதை-1-8 Pedha, an age when one does not know to distinguish thing.s
* 9 வயது முதல் 10 வயது வரை – பெதும்பை-9-10,Pedhubmai, can differentiate but not very clear
* 11 வயது முதல் 14 வயது வரை – மங்கை-10-14,Mangai, has attained womanhood, but yet to fall in Love.
* 15 வயது முதல் 18 வயது வரை – மடந்தை14-18,Madanthai. has started to develop feelings of Love
* 19 வயது முதல் 24 வயது வரை – அரிவை-19-24Arivai,has attained an Age where one has gone through the process of Love,separation
* 25 வயது முதல் 29 வயது வரை – தெரிவை-25-29,Therivai, has loved, successful, or lost but knows Life.