Yoga means ‘Union’, that is connecting with the Reality, Brahman,the One with no attributes.In Saguna Upasna,worship of Reality with Attributes is practiced.
In fact it was Patanjali who introduced the concept of Ishwara into otherwise worship of Reality as without Attributes or Nirguna Brahman.
When one analyses the systems of Yoga, one would find some common characteristics as well as differences.
While the effort to realize Self is common to all, the methodology differs.
Essentially , there are five aspects or components in Yoga.
2 .Breath control.
Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra deals more with Meditation or Dhyana,while the Siddhas emphasize Breath control,Vaasi Yoga.
I shall write more on this later.
And there seems to be some Deities or system of worshiping a specific God or Goddess.
We have, thus, Shaiva,Shakta,Vaishnava Yoga Upanishads.
And we have Samanya, common Yoga Upanishads for Gruhastha or householders and Sannyasa Yoga Upanishads for the Renounced.
I have written on some of these Yoga Upanishads.
Shall write further.
Here is the list of twenty Yoga Upanishads.
List of Yoga Upanishads.
- Hamsa Upanishad Sukla Yajurveda
- Amritabindu Upanishad Atharvaveda
- Nadabindu Upanishad or Amrita Nada Bindu Upanishad Rigveda or Atharvaveda
- Kshurika Upanishad Atharvaveda Krishna Yajurveda
- Tejobindu Upanishad Atharvaveda
- Nadabindu Upanishad. Atharvaveda and Rig Veda.
- Dhyanabindu Upanishad. Atharvaveda and Samaveda
- Brahmavidya Upanishad. Atharvaveda and Krishna YajurVeda.
- Yogatattva Upanishad Atharvaveda.
- Trishikhibrahmana Upanishad. Shukla YajurVeda.
- Yogachudamani Upanishad. Samaveda.
- Mandala-brahmana Upanishad Shukla Yajurveda.
- Advayataraka Upanishad Shukla Yajurveda.
- Shandilya Upanisishad Atharva Veda.
- Yogashikha Upanishad Krishna Yajur Veda.
- EPashupatabrahma Upanishad77Atharvaveda
- Yoga-kundalini Upanishad. Krishna Yajur, Veda.
- Yogasutras Darshana Upanishad Samaveda
- Mahavakya Upanishad Atharvda
- Varaha Upanishad. Krishna Yajurveda.