The Time Scale of Hinduism is mind-boggling.
I have written quite a few articles on this subject including one on the Time Large Numbers Hinduism Tamils.
The events narrated in Hindu Puranas,Purana means very old, and the description provided in them about land mass is striking as most of the geological features exist today.
No civilization in the world has such a vast time scale described precisely either at the micro level or at the macro level.
While others simply say ‘long ago ‘ or some such general time Frame Hinduism speaks authoritatively on this subject.
One does not record time in a vacuum!
Events and time are dependent on each other.
One can not describe and ascribe time frame to Void.
Hinduism not only describes time frame but records at such great lengths of Time.
And in the process arrives at a very novel concept of Time that Time is Cyclic and non Linear.
That is time is eternal , it recoils on itself and Time repeats itself.
For more on this please read my articles on Time, Quantum Theory..
As Time can not be assigned to without events, it is that Human mind can formulate Time only in relation to Time.
As events are narrated in the Puranas and the Time frame is noted, it is to be accepted as facts and not as a fantasy.
And the Events mentioned in the Puranas and Ithihasa, Ramayana are validated by astronomy and geology.
Please check my posts.
Now look at the modern classification of Geological Age,Ga.
This is the latest version of the time scale, as revised and published in 2012.
|Archaean||4.56 – 2.5 billion years ago|
|Proterozoic||2.5 billion – 541 million years ago|
|Palaeozoic||Cambrian||541 – 485 million years ago|
|Ordovician||485 – 444 million years ago|
|Silurian||444 – 419 million years ago|
|Devonian||419 – 359 million years ago|
|Carboniferous||359 – 298 million years ago|
|Permian||298 – 252 million years ago|
|Mesozoic||Triassic||252 – 201 million years ago|
|Jurassic||201 – 145 million years ago|
|Cretaceous||145 – 65 million years ago|
|Cenozoic||Palaeocene||66 – 56 million years ago|
|Eocene||56 – 34 million years ago|
|Oligocene||34 – 23 million years ago|
|Miocene||23 – 5.3 million years ago|
|Pliocene||5.3 -2.6 million years ago|
|Quaternary||Pleistocene||2.6 million -10,000 years ago|
|Holocene||10,000 years ago to the present|
There were Nine prehistorical Super continents an i have ritten on Gondswana, Rodinia Laurasia and Ur.
- Gondwana (~510–~180 million years ago)
- Laurasia (~510–~200 million years ago)
- Pangaea (~300–~210 million years ago)
- Pannotia, also called Vendian (~600–~545 million years ago)
- Rodinia (~1.1 Ga–~750 million years ago)
- Columbia, also called Nuna (~1.8–1.5 Ga ago)
- Kenorland (~2.7 Ga ago). Neoarchean sanukitoid cratons and new continental crust formed Kenorland. Protracted tectonic magma plume rifting occurred 2.48 to 2.45 Ga and this contributed to the Paleoproterozoic glacial events in 2.45 to 2.22 Ga. Final breakup occurred ~2.1 Ga.
- Ur (~3 Ga ago). Classified as the earliest known landmass. Ur, however, was probably the largest, perhaps even the only continent three billion years ago. While probably not a supercontinent, one can argue that Ur was a supercontinent for its time, even if it was smaller than Australia is today. Still, an older rock formation now in Greenland dates back from Hadean times.
- Vaalbara (~3.6 Ga ago). Evidence is the Yilgarn Craton, Western Australia and the worldwide Archean greenstone belts that were subsequently spread out across Gondwana and Laurasia.
Look at Hindu Time scale.
Tretā-Yuga 1,296,000 years.
Dvāpara-yuga 864,000 years. and
Kali-yuga, 432,000 years in total.
- One cycle of the above four Yugas is one Mahā-Yuga (4.32 million solar years)
- This is confirmed by the Gītā Śloka 8.17 (statement) “sahasra-yuga-paryantam ahar yad brahmaṇo viduḥ rātriṁ yuga-sahasrāntāṁ te ‘ho-rātra-vido janāḥ”, meaning, a day of brahma is of 1000 Mahā-Yuga. Thus a day of Brahma, Kalpa, is of duration: 4.32 billion solar years. Two Kalpas constitute a day and night (Adhi Sandhi) of Brahma.
- a day of Brahma, Kalpa, is of duration: 4.32 billion solar years. Two Kalpas constitute a day and night (Adhi Sandhi) of Brahma.
- A Manvantara consists of 71 Mahā-Yuga (306,720,000 solar years).
- This goes to Higher scales in Hinduism as there are 14 Manvantaras!
- After each Manvantara follows one Saṃdhi Kāla of the same duration as a Kṛta Yuga (1,728,000 = 4 Charaṇas). (It is said that during a Saṃdhi Kāla, the entire earth is submerged in water.)
- A Kalpa consists of a period of 4.32 Billion solar years followed by 14 Manvataras and Saṃdhi Kalas.
- A day of Brahma equals
- (14 times 71 Mahā-Yuga) + (15 × 4 Charaṇas)
- = 994 Mahā-Yuga + (15 * 4800)
- = 994 Mahā-Yuga + (72,000 years)[deva years] / 6 = 12,000[deva years] viz. one maha yuga.
- = 994 Mahā-Yuga + 6 Mahā-Yuga
- = 1,000 Mahā-Yuga.
I have written on,
Lord Rama’s War against Atlantis people,
Million year old Tamil site,
74,000 year old Jwalapuram Natarja, validated by Mt.Toba Emissions.
Thiruvannmalai being 3.94 Billion years old, and
Tirupati being 2100 Million years old.
And look at the Political Map of Pangea period.
There you have the answer as to how Sanatana dharma flourished throughout the world.
Suggest one reads this article along with my other articles on the subject by googling your search term +ramanan50
References and citations.