Siddhas are realized souls who transcend Time and Space.
They were/are the greatest Scientists,Philosophers,Doctors,.
Lord Shiva is believed to be first Siddha and Agastya followed Him.
Thirumoolar is another important Siddha, whose Thirumandiram is he essence of Shaiva Philosophy and Advaita in Tamil.
Though there are many Siddhas, Eighteen are considered important.
For details read my Post on Siddhas.
They wrote in Tamil and they have dealt with all subjects.
They have the ability of clairvoyance, Clairaudience ,Kinetasis,Telepathy,Transmigating into another body.
One such Siddha is Kuthambai Siddhar.
He has stated in one of his Poems about environment Pollution and Ozone layer in the atmosphere .
He talks about the effect of Ozone layer on Earth and the people.
In the following Poem he says that the increase in Air Pollution causes Ozone layer imbalance in the atmosphere and this shall cause breathing and Lung related problems for the Chinese.
One must remember the Siddhar dates to 11 Century AD.
The Poem In Tamil.
சீனத்தோர் சோகங் கூடும்
வாயு மண்டலத்தில் நுந்து லோகமது ,
மிதக்க, ஒளி மங்க ,புகை மூட்டங்
காண, மூச்சுக் கோளாறுகாணுதே’
When Ozone level is depleted in the atmosphere ,light dims,fog increases and the Chinese shall have breathing difficulties and Lung related problems.
Pollution In China.
- According to the Chinese Ministry of Health, industrial pollution has made cancer China’s leading cause of death.
- Every year, ambient air pollution alone killed hundreds of thousands of citizens.
- 500 million people in China are without safe and clean drinking water.
- Only 1% of the country’s 560 million city dwellers breathe air considered safe by the European Union, because all of its major cities are constantly covered in a “toxic gray shroud”. Before and during the 2008 Summer Olympics, Beijing was “frantically searching for a magic formula, a meteorological deus ex machina, to clear its skies for the 2008 Olympics.”
- Lead poisoning or other types of local pollution continue to kill many Chinese children.
- A large section of the ocean is without marine life because of massive algal blooms caused by the high nutrients in the water.
- The pollution has spread internationally: sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides fall as acid rain on Seoul, South Korea, and Tokyo; and according to the Journal of Geophysical Research, the pollution even reaches Los Angeles in the USA.
- The Chinese Academy of Environmental Planning in 2003 had an internal and unpublished report which estimated that 300,000 people die each year from ambient air pollution, mostly of heart disease and lung cancer.
- Chinese environmental experts in 2005 issued another report, estimating that annual premature deaths attributable to outdoor air pollution were likely to reach 380,000 in 2010 and 550,000 in 2020.
- A 2007 World Bank report conducted with China’s national environmental agency found that “…outdoor air pollution was already causing 350,000 to 400,000 premature deaths a year. Indoor pollution contributed to the deaths of an additional 300,000 people, while 60,000 died from diarrhea, bladder and stomach cancer and other diseases that can be caused by water-borne pollution.” World Bank officials said “China’s environmental agency insisted that the health statistics be removed from the published version of the report, citing the possible impact on ‘social stability'”.