I published articles on Australia being Home of Weapons, Astra Aalaya, Shiva with Third Eye dance in Australian Tribe.
That ancient Indian Culture spread throughout the world is now an indisputable fact.
This is arrived at based on Archeology,Astronomy, Archeoastronomy and linguistics.
Taking into consideration the pattern of migration in Europe, Africa,Latin America and the Scandinavian Countries, it is clear that these waves of migration in Europe happened when the was a Natural Disaster in Asia and this is acknowledged in all the cultures mentioned here.
The natural calamity we speak here is tsunami.
These Tsunamis have been recorded in almost all Religious texts though under Legends.
Tamil Literature speaks of three such Tsunamis and during on such tsunami Lord Ramas’ Ancestor Satyavrata Manu , also called as Vaivasvatha Manu migrated to Ayodhya to found Ikshvaku Dynasty.
Shiva and His son Ganesha left through Middle east, covering the Africa,Europe and finally settled in Arctic where the Rig Veda was composed before returning through Russia and Iran to India.
The Super Continents of Gondwana, Laurasia made it easier for the people of India to travel to Australia.
This was during the Triassic period .
Later this area shrunk during the Mesozoic and Cenozoic periods.
The early Indians took to sea and land routes.
Australian Aborigines and Indian People.
- there is an underlying unity of female lineages in India, indicating that the initial number of female settlers may have been small;
- the tribal and the caste populations are highly differentiated;
- the Austro-Asiatic tribals are the earliest settlers in India, providing support to one anthropological hypothesis while refuting some others;( Typical Western approach to Hinduism, that of attributing the source as the offshoot!)
- a major wave of humans entered India through the northeast;
- the Tibeto-Burman tribals share considerable genetic commonalities with the Austro-Asiatic tribals, supporting the hypothesis that they may have shared a common habitat in southern China, but the two groups of tribals can be differentiated on the basis of Y-chromosomal haplotypes;
- the Dravidian tribals were possibly widespread throughout India before the arrival of the Indo-European-speaking nomads, but retreated to southern India to avoid dominance;
- formation of populations by fission that resulted in founder and drift effects have left their imprints on the genetic structures of contemporary populations;
- the upper castes show closer genetic affinities with Central Asian populations, although those of southern India are more distant than those of northern India;
- historical gene flow into India has contributed to a considerable obliteration of genetic histories of contemporary populations so that there is at present no clear congruence of genetic and geographical or sociocultural affinities.”
Hinduism spread through Philippines and south-east Asia.
From that time, the increasing wealth, population and thus prestige of Sanskrit-brahmin guided Hindu kingdoms motivated the usage of gold for coins, sculptures and decoration of temples and palaces. Sumatra, in modern Indonesia, was known as an “island of gold” and an 11th century hoard of royal Javanese gold bullion is preserved in Indonesia, and was exhibited in Brisbane 10 years ago. In the 14th century, Hindu Javanese gold-miners sailed to Philippines to prospect and mine, and a gold sculpture from that era is now in the USA. The nagara “royal city” of Angkor Wat consumed artworks of many types, and logically this would include gold in great quantities. The evidence shows that the Hindu Kingdoms’ search for gold led them to the shores of Eastern Australia. There they found the motherlode.
Gympie was “Meru’ndai” according to the Australian “ng’tja guru” elders. In Indonesia, “Meru’ndai” means “beautiful Meru”, and Bali language “ngajahin guru” means “training. teacher”. In the 1860s a hill at Meru’ndai had a circle of pillars with a wheel shaped stone in the centre, and 7 levels with stone-lined terraces. Indra sends floods to the world which is shaped as a wheel. Early Tamil temples had a wheel shape and the work that was involved in building this one indicates the size of the population at the gold-mine. Aboriginals were fearful of the temple spirits, which shows that they were not the builders. It is near the river at Gympie and the bay south of Fraser Island. In 1867 gold was found by Europeans and the cut stones of the temple were removed by European gold-miners , to build houses. They collected 4 tons of gold by hand in the 1800s as well as from the deep mine, and today Gympie near Brisbane is the 8th biggest gold-mine in Australia and gold is still collected in the creeks.The temple pillars today are in the river to protect the river-bank, and a bulldozer was used to dig holes searching for gold in the hill. Only some terrace stone-walls remain, and a few photos of carved animals
The country of Meru’ndai at Gympie also included Fraser Island, where the Batjala people called the island Gurree. In that legend,Gurree was a beautiful white sky-spirit princess who created mountains in south Queensland and the island named Gurree, where she looks at the sky reflected in the pure lakes of rain-water in white sand.(2).The legend reminds me of Gauri, the shining white spirit wife of Shiva who washed her in Himalayan snow. She was a creator to balance the destructive power of Shiva, who is also named Indra.
Gambaingirr teach that “miira” the moon gives the balance in nature and gives energy to people.Sanskrit “mihira” is the moon, a form of Surya the sun, and means to lift up waters for rain. Bali language omits the /h/ in words so that the Aboriginal reflects the Bali pronunciation.Vaharamihira, or Mihira, was a famed astronomer 1500 years ago and is honoured by a wall-mural in India’s parliament. Gidgeon Miiral is the island in Coff’s Harbour of Gambaingirr, and the moon causes rip-tides and floods against those who ignore the laws. (3).Boats can enter the river there only at hightides. The astronomy of Kumbhaja and Mihira would be vital for ships navigating past the Queensland Barrier Reef and locating rivermouths for landing. Possibly the ships were exploring for gold and sailed south from Meru’ndai in Queensland. “Meru daksina” means the South Pole.
In Wenaruah country near Newcastle, is a rock-painting of a deity, 1 metre high and with arms 5 metres wide, with bird feet, and with 2 boomerangs .(9) Indra has very long arms and carries a weapon in each hand, and can assume any shape he chooses. “Wenaruah” means “hills and plains” , and in Bali “wena” means “forests” and “ruah” is “countless”, with adjectives following nouns. Wenaruah had treeless plains, but densely rain-forested hills near Barrington Tops mountains.
Further south, in Victoria there is a rock chamber with a painting that is not in usual Aboriginal style. (9).He may have a third eye. The left shoulder has something folded on it, in Hindu style. The actual body colour is red. His name is Bunjil and the painting is in the mountains west of Bendigo gold-field, where gold nuggets are today found on the surface. In Victoria, bora means the tribal dance ground, like Thailand bara meaning “royal dance-room” and Cambodian borei, dance temple.
* Shiva is Flaming /Golden Red ( Trikaagni Kaalaaya)in Color while Lakshmi is Gold en Red-Hiranyavarnaam.(Sri Suktha)
1. B Green, from historical notes of J Green, 1863.
2. “Written in Sand” F Williams, Jacaranda. 1982.
3. Coffs Harbour Tourism, Gydgeon Miiral island.
4. “Australian Dreaming” Dr J Isaacs, Cam. 1996.
“Papers of Marjorie Oakes”. Australian Institute Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander Studies. Canberra.
“Dictionary of Bundjalung” Dr M Sharpe, UNE Armidale.
5. Dr Darma Putra, School of Languages, UQld Brisbane.
6. Dr McC Taylor, Asian Studies, ANU Canberra.
7. Michael Anderson, Ngurampaa elder of Euahlayi of Gamilaroi.
8. Dr J Atkinson, College of Aboriginal Studies, SCU Lismore.
9. “Riches of Ancient Australia” Dr J Flood, UQld Brisbane, 1990.