There is difference between Yagnya and Yaaga.
While Yagnya is performed as a Duty , without expecting any results, Yaaga is performed with a specific purpose.
The Forty Samskaras of Hinduism contain Yagnyas.
BHOOTA YAGNA (VAISWADEVA YAGNA).
Havir Yagyas, Seven.
DARSA POURNA MASA
NIROODA PASU BANDA
Soma Yagnyas. Seven.
List of Homas.
There seems to have been over 400 Yaagas during the Sanatana Dharma period.
Some of them are listed here.
Readers may contribute.
Rajasuya and Aswamedha are meant for Kings.
Puthrakameshti is a very powerful homa to beget children.
Dasaratha peformed this to beget Rama, Lakshmana, Bharata and Satrugna.
Sri Rudram Chandi, Gita Homa are some of the most sacred Homas
- NAVAGRAHA YAJNA : yajna performed for all 9 planets
- SHIVA MAHA YAJNA : For spiritual progress, integrity and good mental qualities
- SHIVA SAHASRA YAJNA : For strong spiritual feeling and material progress
- SHIVA PANCHAKSHARA YAJNA : For good public relation and progress
- SHIVASTAKA YAJNA : For happiness and overcoming sufferings
- BANALINGAM YAJNA : For pure knowledge, good health and for avoiding enmities
- ADITYA HRIDAY YAJNA : for avoiding all difficulties, be kind to everyone, and get rid of serious skin diseases
- SURYA SAHASRANAM YAJNA : according to cast and gotra – Brahmin will get knowledge – Kshatria will get success and no enmity – Vaishya will get prosperity and good business – Shudra will get spirituality
- NRISHINGHA YAJNA : For overcoming danger and accidents
- JAGANNATHA YAJNA : For spiritual progress
- VISHNU MAHA YAJNA : for progressing in the four path ; Dharma ( spirituality), Artha (economic progress), Kama (enjoyment and fulfillment), Moksha ( enlightenment)
- VISHNU SAHASRA NAMA YAJNA : For wealth, prosperity and happiness
- PURUSHA YAJNA : for spiritual knowledge, purity and integrity
- MADHU SUDANA YAJNA : for avoiding fear and getting more friends
- NARAYANA YAJNA : to increase the potentiality of giving love to everyone
- DINOBANDHU YAJNA : to get support from nature to avoid all obstacles
- SANKATA NASHANA YAJNA : For avoiding serious obstacles
- PRAPANNA GITA YAJNA : Get rid of bad karma and for getting respect from everyone
- NARA SINGHA YAJNA : for fulfillment of desires
- SRI RAMA YAJNA : for getting more progress in all areas of life
- GANESH YAJNA : for success
- MAHA GANAPATI YAJNA : for great success in business
- SANKATA NASHANA GANESH YAJNA : for avoiding serious harm and loss
- GANESH SAHASRA NAMA YAJNA : for success over enmity and overcoming serious fear
- MAHA KALI YAJNA : for family happiness and prosperity and wealth
- MAHA TARA YAJNA : for knowledge, education, good karma and fame
- MAHA VIDYA YAJNA : for success in education
- MAHA LAKSHMI YAJNA : for wealth
- SRI VIDYA YAJNA : for the welfare of the family
- TRIPURA SUNDARI YAJNA : for beauty and fame
- BHUVANESWARI YAJNA : for permanent prosperity and progress
- SRI VAIRABI YAJNA : for good speaking qualities and avoiding obstacles in speech
- BAGALAMUKTI YAJNA : for success in court case, avoiding enmity and for good reputation
- MATANGI MAHA YAJNA : for great success and prosperity
- RUDRA CHANDI YAJNA : for avoiding danger in life
- CHANDI MAHA YAJNA : family happiness and good relation between husband and wife
- SATA CHANDI MAHA YAJNA : overcoming all difficulties in life
- SARASWATI MAHA YAJNA : for deep understanding of vedic knowledge
- RUDRA YAJNA : spiritual progress and getting more knowledge
- MAHA RUDRA YAJNA : for good health and avoiding serious illness
- ANNAPURNA YAJNA : for knowledge and strong sacrificing qualities
- GANGA MAHA YAJNA : for purity and avoiding bad karma
- RINMOCHAKA MANGLA YAJNA : for getting help from nature to repay debt
- AGANI YAJNA : for general progress, good health and general prosperity
- VASTUDEVA YAJNA : foundation for good home and house
- SASTHI MAHA YAJNA : good for children’s health
- NAIKA MAHA YAJNA : for getting good lover and good relation with lover
- APARAJITA YAJNA : for success in a project or special matter
- BATUK VAIRABA YAJNA : avoiding obstacles from government and increase success
- Unknown name : For removal of serious psycho-physiological illness
- TILOKANCHAN YAJNA – SHORAS YAJNA – BRISATSARGA YAJNA – DANSAGAR YAJNA: to remove impurities from the time of death and to promote the evolution of the soul( to be performed after that someone has passed away.