Most important part of Hindu Marriage is the Saptapathi, the Rite when the couple take Seven steps around the Fire in a Clockwise direction, with seven mantras , praying Lord Vishnu.
Hindu marriage is complete only after the performance of Saptapathi, be it performed among the Kashmiris or among the people of Kanyakumari.
The ancient Cherokee Indians follow this custom even today.
This is it. Click below.
“Seven Steps / Vows in the Hindu Wedding Means:
* The couple takes the first step and promises that they will take care of each other and pray for abundant blessings and prosperity in their life.
* In the second step, the couple promises and prays to the Gods to bless them with physical and mental powers and lead a healthy married life.
* During the third step, they promise to protect and increase their wealth by proper means.
* With the fourth step, the bride and the groom pledge to share happiness and sadness together.
* With the fifth step, the couple promises to be responsible and care for their children.
* The sixth step is taken by the couple to be together always.
* And while taking the last seventh step, they promise to be truthful and trustworthy to each other and pledge to be united always in friendship and harmony.