I had posted an article on the procedure to be followed in Sundarakanda Parayana.
I deliberately left the Navaha in the article.
That is reciting the Sundara Kanda 68 Chapters in Nine Days.
Reason is that the Navaha is most effective and I wanted to post an artilce on this.
There are 68 chapters in the Sundarakanda.
And Rama Pattabhisheka from Yuddha Kanda is to be recited on the concluding day.
So for Nine days it totals to 69 chapters.
Recite Eight chapters a Day or Seven days.
On the Eighth Day , Six Chapters.
On the Ninth, concluding day , recite the balance Seven chapters.
Begin with Parayana Slokas before Sundara Kanda.
Smarthas may follow Smartha Sampradaya Parayana Slokas and Sri Vaishnavas, Vaishnava Smpradaya Slokas.
Follow the other procedures as mentioned in my earlier post.
Link is provided here, which also details the Naivedya to be offered.
Benefits of reading Sundara Kanda.
- Salvation can be achieved by reading the first chapter daily for six months.
- Effect of attack of devils, ghosts, spirits can be warded off by reading 3rd chapter.
- To get rid of dullness of brain, read 13th chapter
- To get rid of the sin of having affair with some one else’s wife, read chapters 7-11.
- To get permanent wealth and happiness read chapter 15.
- To get rid of bad dreams read Chapter 27.
- To get good behavior read chapter 20-21.
- To rejoin with lost relatives read chapters 33-40.
- To get rid of impending danger read chapter 36.
- To get pardon from god for insult done to him knowingly and unknowingly read chapter 38.
- Read chapters 42-47 to win over enemies
- To become just and charitable read chapter 51
- For improvement of assets like house, land etc read chapter 54.
- To get peace and happiness read Chapter 61
- To get perennial happiness and to attain God read chapter 67.
- To get what one wishes read chapter 41
- To realize God and to become one capable of sweet words read chapter 19.
The Navaha delivers all the results one desires.