Hinduism prescribes strictest punishment for Rape.
Manu Smriti , apart from laying guidelines for the treatment for Rape.
- 8.323. Those who abduct women should be given death sentence.
- 9.232. Those who kill women, children or scholarly virtuous people should be given strictest punishment.
- 8.352. Those who rape or molest women or incite them into adultery should be given harshest punishment that creates fear among others to even think of such a crime.
- 8. 275. One should be punished if he puts false allegations or demeans mother, wife or daughter.
- 8.389. Those who abandon their mother, father, wife or children without any reasonable reason should face severe punishments.
- 357. Offering presents (to a woman), romping (with her), touching her ornaments and dress, sitting with her on a bed, all (these acts) are considered adulterous acts (samgrahana).
- 363. Yet he who secretly converses with such women, or with female slaves kept by one (master), and with female ascetics, shall be compelled to pay a small fine.
- 367. But if any man through insolence forcibly contaminates a maiden, two of his fingers shall be instantly cut off, and he shall pay a fine of six hundred (panas).
- 370. But a woman who pollutes a damsel shall instantly have (her head) shaved or two fingers cut off, and be made to ride (through the town) on a donkey.
- 385. A Brahmana who approaches unguarded females (of the) Kshatriya or Vaisya (castes), or a Sudra female, shall be fined five hundred (panas); but (for intercourse with) a female (of the) lowest (castes), one thousand.