“It was about 100 feet from my yard,” Krill said. “I was out there videoing it. My puppy was out there. She usually doesn’t flinch too much at storms. She’s used to it. And then, boom, the lighting struck and you could obviously hear my reaction.”
Krill can’t believe she captured the lightning striking the up-lighting in her next door neighbor’s yard on camera, which blew out the light and caused large electrical sparks.
What she called a “fireball” in the video she uploaded to YouTube that night.
“What’s incredible is what are the chances of this happening just as I was panning that direction?” Krill asked. “My next door neighbor has up-lighting on the trees next door in her yard. It completely decapitated the lighting unit itself. It exploded. The tree wasn’t charred or burned. It just shaved it clean.”