I read an interesting article on Sachin Tendulkar.
It lists hundred facts about Sachin Tendulkar and it is quite comprehensive.
In fact it is Sachin Tendulkar in a nutshell, though one can not catch his spirit, which has to be observed to be believed, be it being a Team Man,Patience,Composure,
Calmness,Sobriety,respect for elders, encouraging others,his Humility.
Here is an excerpt.
1) His full name is Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
2) He was born on April 24, 1973, in Mumbai
3) He has two brothers and a sister. His elder brother Ajit encouraged him to play cricket
4) He was named after legendary Indian music director Sachin Dev Burman
5) His nicknames are Little Master, Tendlya, The Little Champion, and Master Blaster
6) Sachin stands just 5ft 5ins tall
7) He is a right-handed batsman
8) He is also a right-handed spin bowler
9) But he writes with his left hand
12) Growing up, Sachin would ask his friend Ramesh Pradhe to dip a rubber ball in water and hurl it at him. He wanted to see the wet marks left on the bat to know whether he had middled the ball…
22) On his debut he wore a set of cricket pads given to him when he was 16 by his hero Sunil Gavaskar
23) He always puts his left pad on first when kitting himself up for the crease
24) He made his One Day International debut on December 18, 1989 – but Waqar Younis got him out for a duck
25) His chosen shirt number when he played ODIs was 10 or 99…
34) Sachin was the first batsman ever to be given out by the third umpire, when he was run out against South Africa in the first test in Durban in 1992
35) Tendulkar’s immense popularity saw him be an early pioneer in India on cricket business dealings, signing a record sports management deal with Worldtel in 1995 worth $5.7million over five years. In 2001 he signed a new deal for $15.2million, switching to Saatchi and Saatchi’s ICONIX in 2006 for a deal worth $34.2million over three years
36) He did not have a bat sponsorship contract until 1996..
68) Sachin’s talents extend beyond batting. While he is not a regular bowler, he can bowl medium pace, leg spin, and off spin, and is often used as a partnership breaker
69) He has taken 45 Test match wickets and is the 10th highest wicket taker for India in ODIs
70) Tendulkar has scored more than 1,000 runs in a calendar year in ODIs seven times.
More Facts at: