Many a time we find it difficult to read the Drug Composition printedon the Pack.They are either in too fine a print or the foil in which it is packed reflects light.
Is this drug real or counterfeit? SMS text with Pharma Secure to find out #mhs09 (Photo credit: Wayan Vota)
Some times the batch Number and the Manufacturing/Expiry Date Stampings are smudged.
To help one in this respect,’The DGFT has made it mandatory for medicines that are exported from India to have barcodes entailing unique product identification code, unique serial number, batch number and expiry date from July 1, 2011. The deadline on the mandate has been extended to July 2012.”
As most of the Drugs manufactured in India , we in India can make use of this Service.
“Thanks to the mandate—and PharmaSecure–consumers can now instantly validate drugs by texting the 9 digit alpha-numeric code printed on the packs to the number provided alongside (for example: SMS gejr887zd to +91 99010.99010for drug authenticity).
Once an inquiry is received, PharmaSecure sends an SMS back to the consumer on behalf of the original drug manufacturer, with information about the authentication of the drug, expiry dates and manufacturing details, within a few seconds. The information that a customer receives can be customized by drug manufacturers.
“SMS is a low cost, direct to end-users, and fast option. Mobiles in India are effective as people from rural India, tier two and tier three cities are fairly comfortable using it,” says Nakul Pasricha, director of operations, PharmaSecure Product Authentication Services, India.
The PharmaSecure system is currently capable of handling 50 authentication requests per second, that is, more than four million requests per day. The systems are scalable to roll out and handle more than a trillion codes.
Mayur Danait, CIO of Lupin, which is one of the first companies to use PharmaSecure, says installing PharmaSecure for printing barcodes isn’t a Herculean task. All that manufacturers need to do is install PharmaSecure’s software–which is compatible with most of the leading printers in India–and a scanner at the end of the assembly line.
Here’s how it works: The manufacturing company purchases inactive bar codes from PharmaSecure. PharmaSecure’s software components interact with the printing software and printers on the production unit and print the codes on the drug packs. A scanner on the assembly line scans the barcodes that have already been printed on the packs of drugs.”
When you finally call a hotline for prescription drug addiction help, you can expect to get the essential information you need from a friendly, understanding, and supportive counselor who will guide you about the types of prescription drug addiction treatments available that will help bring about an addict ‘s rehabilitation.
Call 1-866-675-4912 Now to begin the process of change.
Our free, 24 hour a day, 7 days per week drug helpline is here to assist you.
Before Calling A Prescription Drug Help Line
Preparing any of the following information will be absolutely helpful:
- If you’re calling about a loved one, get as much information as you can on how long the prescription drug addiction has been going on, dosages/amounts, frequency or if there are any other substances being abused.
- It will also be very useful to have details on the addict’s mental state or whether they are suffering from any behavioral disorders or other co-occurring disorders.
- Have your insurance information ready, if you do have insurance, or at least have an idea what type of insurance it is, whether it covers treatment at private insurance drug rehab centers, a PPO insurance drug rehab center, or HMO insurance drug rehab centers, for instance.
- If there is no insurance, or if your insurance will not cover the entire recovery cost, be ready to discuss finances or if you have money available for the treatment.
For the Best Results You Should:
- Be prepared to be honest about the extent of prescription drug abuse, the problems it is causing, and how serious you or the addict are about getting help.
- Be open and upfront about what your treatment goals are and ask questions until you understand the process and have enough information to make a good decision.
Getting Help for Prescription Drug Addiction
Ready to make the call? Get control and put an end to the issues that prescription drug gives rise to.
Call 1-866-675-4912 Today!