Advanced Modern concepts in Hinduism includes the Atomic Theory in the Nyaya System of Indian Philosophy,Hinduism.
Effects of Brahmastra.
These treatises postulates Boson, The God Particle and goes beyond this.
Hindus wer aware of the Atomic structure of things, events(yes, events for Hindus state that things non material do have atomic structure.
They knew how to prepare Atomic weapons, Counter Atomic weapons.
So adept were they in understanding the nature of Atoms , they were able to distinguish between the Atoms making up one thing and another.
Atoms are indivisible matter of Matter.(Anu)
This has another finer particle that drives it or the cause for the Atoms to behave the way they do.
They are called the Paramanu.
These terms are used extensively in the Vedas while describing the Reality describing It.
The Atoms comprising of one matter, say a man, my be re regrouped to form another Matter, Bigger or Smaller.
This is explained in the Siddhis or the powers acuired by a Yogi en route to Realization.
They are named as Anima and Mahima( Smaller and Bigger)
- Garima: becoming infinitely heavy
- Laghima: becoming almost weightless
- Prāpti: having unrestricted access to all places
- Prākāmya: realizing whatever one desires
- Iṣṭva: possessing absolute lordship
- Vaśtva: the power to subjugate
- While Prapti is the transportation(Teleporting) of Atoms to another place in Space and Time is the readjustment of Atoms, Ishtva and Vastva requires the entering of one group of Atoms into another.
The following Secondary Siddhis are also obtainable by the manipulation of the Atoms.
In the Bhagavata Purana, Lord Krishna describes the ten secondary siddhis as:
- anūrmi-mattvam: Being undisturbed by hunger, thirst, and other bodily disturbances
- dūra-śravaṇa: Hearing things far away
- dūra-darśanam: Seeing things far away
- manaḥ-javah: Moving the body wherever thought goes (teleportation/astral projection)
- kāma-rūpam: Assuming any form desired
- para-kāya praveśanam: Entering the bodies of others
- sva-chanda mṛtyuh: Dying when one desires
- devānām saha krīḍā anudarśanam: Witnessing and participating in the pastimes of the gods
- yathā sańkalpa saḿsiddhiḥ: Perfect accomplishment of one’s determination
- ājñā apratihatā gatiḥ: Orders or commands being unimpeded
- Uuha: based on the samskaras of previous births the attainment of knowledge about the twenty-four Tatwas gained by examining the determinable and the indeterminable conscious and the non-conscious constituents of creation,
- Shabad: knowledge gained by associating with an enlightened person (Guru – upadesh),
- Addhyyan: knowledge gained through study of the Vedas and other standard ancillary texts,
- Suhritprapti: knowledge gained from a kind-hearted person, while engaged in the spread of knowledge
- Daan: knowledge gained regardless of one’s own needs while attending to the requirements of those engaged in the search of the highest truth,
- Aadhyaatmik dukkh-haan: freedom from pain, disappointment, etc.; arising due to lack of spiritual, metaphysical, mystic knowledge and experience,
- Aadhibhautik dukkh-haan: freedom from pain etc.; arising by possessing and being attached to various materialistic gains,
- Aadhidaivik dukkh-haan: freedom from pain etc.; caused by fate or due to reliance on fate, (Samkhya)
How come the Hindus are able to describe these and how do we know about this.
That these were known to Hindus from the Vedic period is noticed from the Atharva Veda where it describes the Occult Sciences.
We know about these were facts from the Archaeological findings in Mohenja Daro.
“Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana (fast aircraft)
hurled a single projectile (rocket) charged with the power
of the Universe (nuclear device). An incandescent column of
smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with
all its splendor.
It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic
messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race
of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable.
Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.
…After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected…
…to escape from this fire the soldiers threw
themselves in streams to wash themselves and their
equipment.” — The Mahabharata..
It was a weapon) so powerful that it could destroy the earth
in an instant A great soaring sound in smoke and flames
And on its sits death…” – The Ramayana
“Dense arrows of flame, like a great shower, issued
forth upon creation, encompassing the enemy…
A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.
All points of the compass were lost in darkness.
Fierce wind began to blow upward, showering dust and gravel.
Birds croaked madly… the very elements seemed disturbed.
The earth shook, scorched by the terrible violent heat of this weapon.
Elephants burst into flame and ran to and fro in a frenzy…
over a vast area, other animals crumpled to the ground and died.
From all points of the compass the arrows of flame rained
continuously and fiercely. — The Mahabharata
Place a well-cleaned copper plate in an earthenware vessel.
Cover it first by copper sulfate and then moist sawdust.
After that put a mercury-amalgamated-zinc sheet on top of
an energy known by the twin name of Mitra-Varuna. Water will
be split by this current into Pranavayu and Udanavayu. A
chain of one hundred jars is said to give a very active
and effective force.” –Agastya Samhita (Indian Princes’ Library)
Subject Related: The Mahabharata, Book 8: Karna Parva, Kisari Mohan Ganguli, tr. [1883-1896] http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m08/m08034.htm
“It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced
to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.” is actually found in Section 1 of
Mausala Parva.( http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m16/m16001.htm).
“When then next day came, Samva actually brought forth an iron bolt through which all the
individuals in the race of the vrishnis and the andhakas became consumed into ashes.
Indeed, for the destruction of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas, Samva brougt forth, through
that curse, a fierce iron bolt that looked like a Gigantic messenger of death. The fact
was duly reported to the king. In distress of mind, the king (Ugrasena) caused that iron
bolt to be reduced to a fine powder.Men were employed to cast the powder into the sea.”
The term “10000 suns” and “Super-abundant” perfectly fit into today’s description of Nuclear Energy. In fact what is depicted as an Iron bolt could actually have referred to Radioactive Iron (Iron-59 is known to be radioactive). Perhaps the usage of Iron-59 as a nuclear weapon was known to man in ancient times. The last sentence ” to cast the powder into sea”, is in good terms with the fact that water is a very effective shield for nuclear radiations. Perhaps that was the intention in casting the iron powder into the sea.
The section 2 of the Mausala parva also has,
“The streets swarmed with rats and mice. Earthen pots showed cracks or broke from no
apparent cause. At night, the rats and mice ate away thehair and nails of slumbering men”
“Fires, when ignited, cast their flames towards the left. Sometimes they threw out flames
whose splendour was blue and red. The Sun, whether when rising or setting over the city,
seemed to be surrounded by headless trunks of human form. In cook rooms, upon food that
was clean and well-boiled, were seen, when it was served out for eating, innumerable
worms of diverse kinds.”
The above passage too reminds us of the effects of a nuclear explosion, as foodstuffs get infected in the aftermath of a nuclear explosion. In section 3, there is also a mention of the vaishnis taking shelter close to the sea coast. This might have as well meant that the vaisnis took shelter in the sea. As mentioned earlier, water is a natural shield to Nuclear radiations.
These above facts make us really wonder if the Mahabharata was indeed a nuclear war. In aid to the above mentioned facts, India, from times immemorial knew the existence of atoms and the atomic energy. The following shloka is evidence to the statement.
Cakra” Launched (Ancient Nuclear)
During the chaos of the said war, one of Arjuna’s cousins launched the 5th weapon called “Barma Satara” which had the impact of a mighty nuclear power. According to the legend it was not clear how the relatives of Arjuna got to know the secret to launch such weapons. Arjuna himself had to obtain the consent from Lord Krishna who needed to explain the ways or consequences of such weapons.
It was believed that as a result of this launch; it has created layers upon layers of hot rays that penetrated the sky and slowly settled on to the earth (as multiple layers). Upon realizing that the never before used weapon has been accidentally released by his own cousin; and upon seeing the massive destruction that this weapon brought, Arjuna pleaded with Lord Krishna to gather all resources to protect what was left on the earth from the massive heat. With the kind guidance from Lord Krishna, Arjuna managed to protect the earth from the nuclear heat-wave by deflecting it skyward. This prevented the earth from complete destruction by such nuclear disaster. It was also told that the nuclear cloud and heat-wave were noticeable in the area tens of kilometers wide and approximately 10 nautical miles in thickness.
During the “Kuruthesa”, Arjuna, who was coached directly by Krishna on the righteous way of a true noble being and the right path to eternity, was also introduced to Yoga. Arjuna was to practice it whenever he faced adversity. “Bhakti Yoga” practiced for 20 minutes would allow the mere mortal to overcome adversity and reach for Lord’s guidance.
“Cakra”- Weapon of Mass Destruction during “Kurukshetra”
According to Lord Krishna, the WMD was further divided into three levels:
- Highest “Cakra” (weapon) but never before used: “Sudal Sana”;
this was the most secretive and complicated weapons owned by Lord Krishna himself.
The energy from this weapon would be able to destroy dozens of planets
- Second “Cakra”: “Barma Satara” was a gift from “Dewa Api” to Lord Krishna and has 7 levels:
- Level “Barma Satara” First
- Level “Barma Satara” Second
- Level “Barma Satara” Third
- Level “Barma Satara” Fourth
- Level “Barma Satara” Fifth (used by Arjuna’s cousin during “Kuruthesa”)
- Level “Barma Satara” Sixth (equivalent to the destruction of Hiroshima)
- Level “Barma Satara” Seventh ( widely used for self protection and medicines around the world)