One of my readers requested for the motive and angles for murdering Aarushi, whose parents have been sentenced to 20 years.
Though I have posted some blogs on this, let us look at the scene of crime and the Forensic findings.
“Crucial facts left out from her post-mortem report suggest that her private parts were “extraordinarily dilated”. But there were no signs of rape. These facts, established by the CBI after they questioned the doctor who performed the post-mortem, give a new twist to the case.”The vaginal orifice of the deceased was unduly large and mouth of cervix was visible,” says the CBI’s closure report.
Her private parts were cleaned. This caused water stains on the bedsheet. There was no semen on the bedsheet. But the pyjamas Aarushi wore did not have water stains on it. This shows that the crime scene was dressed up. The CBI believes Aarushi may have been killed elsewhere and the body placed on her bed.
parallel investigation by Headlines Today reveals that the chairperson of the National Commission on Women (NCW) Girija Vyas allegedly scuttled a probe into the Aarushi’s murder by a two-member NCW committee. Soon after the killing, this committee visited the Talwar house in Jalvayu Vihar, Noida, to investigate. Former NCW member Nirmala Venkatesh alleges that as soon as they stepped into Hemraj’s room, she got five calls from Vyas, asking her to stop the probe. Vyas initially denied there was an inquiry and that a committee was formed. She later admitted that there was, but said the report was not made public because the CBI was about to investigate.
These sensational revelations fly in the face of the CBI’s closure report. Last month, the CBI sought the special court’s permission to close the double murder case because it could not solve it.
Though the CBI has been unable to nail the accused, its investigations have completely ruled out the possibility of outsiders having killed Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj Banjade. Circumstantial evidence points to the complicity of those inside. The crime scene was methodically “dressed up”or cleansed of all evidence which could implicate the Talwars. An expert from the forensic science laboratory, Gandhinagar, who inspected the crime scene, says that the crime had been committed by someone “very close to Aarushi”.
Nobody except the killer or killers, of course, knows what exactly happened in the Talwar residence during the six crucial hours between 12 midnight and 6 a.m. on May 16, 2008, when both Hemraj and Aarushi were brutally murdered within an hour. Aarushi was bludgeoned on her forehead and her throat slit with a small, sharp object. So was Hemraj.
A reconstruction of the crime, however, increasingly points to an inside hand. The assailants had gained easy access to the flat because there were no signs of forced entry. They killed Aarushi and Hemraj, moved their bodies around the flat and even stayed behind for drinks. The parents of Aarushi, Nupur and Rajesh Talwar, seem to have slept through an incredible amount of activity in their small flat. They claimed their bedroom door was shut and the air-conditioner turned on.
The murderer dragged Hemraj’s body to the terrace using a sheet. The body was cursorily covered with a cooler lid and a bedsheet on a clothesline. The murderers then locked the terrace door and re-entered the house. They even seemed to know where the Talwars’ mini-bar was-behind a wooden panel near the dining table. They drank from a bottle of whiskey and left it on the dining table. The bottle had bloodstains of both victims.
At around 3.43 a.m., the Internet router in Aarushi’s room was switched off. That means that somebody entered her room nearly three hours after her murder. Whoever it was, failed to raise the alarm or even spot her body.( more in the Yahoo Link provided)
Parents Murdered her ,Proof quoted in the judgement by the Judge.
“From the evidence as tendered by the prosecution in form of oral and documentary evidence this court reaches to the irresistible and impeccable conclusion that only the accused persons are responsible for committing this ghastly crime as the following circumstances unerringly point towards the hypothesis of guilt of the accused,” the 210-page order said. while pointing out 26 circumstances leading to the conviction.
1. That irrefragably on the fateful night of May 15 and 16, 2008 both the accused were last seen with both the deceased in Flat No L-32, Jalvayu Vihar at 9.30 pm by Umesh Sharma, the driver of Rajesh Talwar.
2. That on the morning of May 16, 2008 about 6.00 am. Aarushi was found murdered in her bedroom, which was adjacent to the bedroom of the accused and there was only partition wall between two bedrooms.
3. That the body of the servant Hemraj was found lying in the pool of blood on the terrace of flat no L-32, Jalvayu Vihar on May 17, 2008 and the door of terrace was found locked from inside.
4. That there is a close proximity between the point of time when both the accused and the deceased persons were last seen together alive and the deceased were murdered in the intervening night of May 15 and 16, 2008 and as such the time is so small that possibility of any other person(s) other than the accused being the authors of the crime becomes impossible.
5. That the door of Aarushi’s bedroom was fitted with automatic click-shut lock. Mahesh Kumar Mishra, the then SP (City), NOIDA has deposed that when he talked to Rajesh Talwar on May 16, 2008 in the morning, he had told him that in the preceding night at 11.30 pm he had gone to sleep with the key after locking the door of Aarushi’s bedroom from outside. Both the accused have admitted that door of Aarushi’s bedroom was having automatic click-shut lock like that of a hotel, which could not be opened from outside without key but could be opened from inside without key. No explanation has been offered by the accused as to how the lock of Aarushi’s room was opened and by whom.
6. That the Internet remained active in the night of the gory incident suggesting that at least one of the accused remained awake.”
What could have been the motive?
1.Hemraj could have been in illegal liaison with the girl,Aarushi.
This does not sound alright as , if the parents knew it, they would have desisted from continuing to employ him.
2.It is an honour killing,
Honor killings are made in Public to ‘clear’one’s name and they are not done as clinically and systematically.
It is done in public and people take credit for this dastardly act.
3.Aarushi’s mother had liaison with Hemraj.
Aarushi found them out in a compromising position.
Rajesh Talwar was at home in another room.
Aarushi raised a hue and cry.
Rajesh rushed out.
In his anger he tried to hit Hemraj while Nupur Talwar tried to attack or silence Aarushi, as it was dead of the night.
Rajesh could have intervened as also Hemraj.
In the melee, Nupur or Rajesh could have killed Hemraj and as Aarushi went on struggling she was also killed mostly by strangulation or killed due to suffocation.
Later to misdirect the investigation, moth the Talwars clinically doctored the private parts to arouse a suspicion of sexual intercourse and direct the needle of suspicion to Hemraj.
What they forgot was they could not explain away the entry and exit of Hemraj and his dead body.
- India murder couple to be sentenced (bbc.co.uk)