Posts Tagged ‘Abortion’
Though I have posted about the ill-health that might be caused by Co co Coal I never imagined this is possible.
I searched and found some interesting information .
That this information might be true indeed and women use this as a form of self-induced abortion.
But this information is subject to proof.
‘There are a number of anecdotally recorded and disseminated methods of performing a self-induced abortion. Many of the following methods present significant danger (see below) to the life orhealth of the woman:
- physical exertion designed to bring about a miscarriage
- abdominal massage
- receiving punches, kicks, or other blows to the abdominal area
- bellyflopping onto a hard surface
- attempted removal of the fetus with a coat-hanger or similar device inserted into the uterus through the cervix (the historical use of this method has led to instances of its use as a symbol against the pro-life movement, illustrating dangers of barring state-condoned abortion)
- attempted piercing of the fetus with a knitting needle or similar device inserted into the uterus through the cervix
- suction through the insertion of a rubber tube into the uterus via the cervix
- ingesting abortifacients, high quantities of vitamin C, Pennyroyal or other substances believed to induce miscarriage
- douching with substances believed to induce miscarriage (beginning in the 1960s, many women used Coca Cola for this purpose, although its utility is at best dubious)
- vaginal pessaries
- acupuncture at points linked to miscarriage
In a letter to the New York Times, gynecologist Waldo L. Fielding wrote:
The familiar symbol of illegal abortion is the infamous “coat hanger” — which may be the symbol, but is in no way a myth. In my years in New York, several women arrived with a hanger still in place. Whoever put it in — perhaps the patient herself — found it trapped in the cervix and could not remove it.
However, not simply coat hangers were used.
Almost any implement you can imagine had been and was used to start an abortion — darning needles, crochet hooks, cut-glass salt shakers, soda bottles, sometimes intact, sometimes with the top broken off.
‘Yes. One 12 oz oca Cola is all it takes to end a human life. Many women when late try to end their pregnancy, in poor countries, and over a period of time, they’ve worked out the best way to do it.
All they need is a 12 oz bottle of Coca Cola. This they boil for fifteen minutes. Then they leave it out in the midday sun from morning til afternoon.
This must do something to alter the chemical composition, because that alone, when drunk, can be fully effective to cause an abortion. They only add headache pills to beef up the solution, and whack, the pregnancy’s over. It works in about half of cases, my partner assures me. Her friends have used it successfully.
What chemicals are there inside Coca Cola which achieves this outcome, I wonder?
Another report says that a metal coin left in Coca Cola for a week will dissolve into the liquid. You put an egg in Coca Cola and the shell disappears.’
- Coca-Cola mixers recalled (radionz.co.nz)
Speaking further he added ‘The facts show us we have in fact one of the lowest levels of maternal mortality in the world, which means that whatever practices we have are producing the results that we should respect and respect the commitment of our doctors, nurses, midwives and others who put them into practice every day with very positive results
“When I look at the standards of maternal care that exist in this country and I would hope that we will be able to maintain that”.
“Most doctors would go through their entire career without ever losing a patient coming to them in childbirth. In developing countries the sad thing is that this does occur and even in some developed countries.”
Time that the Catholic Church is reformed.
The leading cleric told mass goers: “Here’s a family that six weeks ago was going into what should have been one of the happiest moments of their life – the birth of a new child.
“Now the whole thing has collapsed into a terrible disaster . You just don’t know how the father is standing up to such a terrible disaster.”
Speaking after tens of thousands attended vigils in Savita’s honor over the weekend, he refuted claims that Ireland is not a ‘safe place’ to be pregnant.
A New York vigil for Savita Halappanavar, the young Indian dentist who died in a Galway hospital after being refused an abortion of her non viable fetus will be held at Barnard College in Manhattan on Monday night from 5:00 to 6:00 organizers have announced.
It is true that unwanted Fetuses may be removed.
But is equally true that one has no Right to take away Life.
It is best to away with this by Self-Control and adequate protection.
Greg Fultz lashed out at his ex-girlfriend with a billboard featuring a picture of him holding the outline of an infant reading, “This Would Have Been A Picture Of My 2-Month Old Baby If The Mother Had Decided To Not KILL Our Child!” The ex-girlfriend—whose friends claim she had a miscarriage, not an abortion—took Fultz to court for harassment and violation of privacy, and a court official has recommended the billboard’s removal. Fultz’s attorney claims that’s a free speech violation.
Myths and misunderstandings exist about the procedure — so here are some facts about medical (also called medication or non-surgical) abortion.
You’ve been watching the calendar and mentally marking the days. You should have had a period by now. You’re scared. You cry. You can’t sleep. And you hope it’s not true. But an early pregnancy test confirms your worst fears, and you believe that abortion is the best choice for you.
Eleven years ago, you only had one safe and legal option if you wanted an abortion–a surgical procedure. But in 2000, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration finally approved the use of Mifeprex (RU-486) for medical abortions. Since then, nearly 1.4 million women have used the approved medication to terminate unwanted pregnancies. Still, myths and misunderstandings exist about the procedure–so here are some facts about medical (also called medication or non-surgical) abortion:
2. A medical abortion is a combination of two medications: The pill Mifeprex™ (mifepristone) is taken first, then two days later misoprostol is taken. According to the manufacturer, Danco Laboratories, Mifeprex™ blocks the hormone progesterone so that the pregnancy cannot continue, the lining of the uterus softens and breaks down, and bleeding begins. Misoprostol (a prostaglandin) causes the uterus to contract and push the embryo out of the uterus.
3. About 95 percent to 98 percent of women who use mifepristone/misoprostol will have a complete abortion. For the remaining 2-5 percent who are either still pregnant, have an incomplete abortion, or have excessive bleeding, a suction procedure is required.
4. There is a three step regimen for a medical abortion. The first two are taking the pills; Step Three, two weeks later, is an examination to confirm that the abortion is complete. If it is not, more time may be needed or a surgical abortion should be scheduled.
5. Some women prefer surgical abortions. While safe, a medical abortion is not a day at the beach–there is bleeding, often heavier than a menstrual period, and other side effects that can be more difficult than a surgical procedure. Some women experience gastrointestinal discomfort (cramps, nausea and diarrhea) and dizziness, weakness, chills and headaches. However, most women who have had medical abortions feel it was a good choice for them because it affords them privacy and they are able to terminate the pregnancy in the earliest stages.
The argument that abortion is ok if the fetus does not feel the pain is flawed.Infliction of pain is complete the moment one who inflicts pain on the inflicted.It need not be supported by the feeling of pain by the afflicted.
If the argument that feeling of pain is to be confirmed then Hitler’s genocide of millions can be justified on the ground that cyclon B did not cause pain and disposed of people (scientists assert).
Mere intention to cause pain to others is a sin, assert Hindu scriptures.
We may not be able to help others for it depends on factors excluding us.
But avoiding hurting others is fully under our control.
Following this principle is the greatest of all Virtues.