Posts Tagged ‘ABC news’
The affair of Petraeus evokes more of Christian Keeler affair.
What started as a routine investigation had bloomed into a full-time scandal and cost many a career in UK with serious security implications.
Petraeus affair seems to be blooming into another one like this.
Security seems to have been compromised.
This is just the beginning.
The Washington Post has already voiced such suspicions.
I have posted a blog on this.
The files were discovered on a machine removed from Paula Broadwell’s Charlotte, NC, home as the feds investigated her sordid affair with the military commander whose biography she co-wrote.
Investigators also found documents Broadwell admitted taking from secure government buildings, a source told ABC News, adding the government demanded that they all be returned.
The network said the FBI and military were going through the material this morning and prosecutors were deciding whether to charge her with a crime.
“That’s why they were pulling so much stuff out of [Broadwell’s] place,” a source said, referring to a search carried out Monday night, three days after Petraeus quit as top spy because of their affair.
The discoveries prompted the FBI to step up its probe of Broadwell, who anonymously sent harassing e-mails to Florida mom Jill Kelley — a married “friend” of the four-star general.
“Both landing a job and finding a way to fulfill sexual fantasies can be difficult things to do. Sadly, after writing a bomb threat on the back of his restaurant job application, a man in Nebraska is no closer to achieving either goal.
Let’s break down where it all went wrong for Jason Dornhoff, 38.
Realizing he did not have a job, Dornhoff decided to apply for a job. So far so good.
For his prospective place of work, ABC News reports that Dornhoff selected the Legacy 272 Restaurant & Lounge in Kearney, Nebraska. The Legacy 272 Restaurant & Lounge looks lovely and has all-you-can-eat crab legs for $30 Friday and Saturday night. Fantastic.
Dornhoff drove to Legacy 272, asked for, and received a job application. Perfectly executed.
He filled out the application. Simply da bomb.
Speaking of da bombs, Dornhoff wrote on the back of his application that he had one in his truck.
That would be where it all went wrong.
Here’s what the note Dornhoff handed to his future coworker said:
“I have no money, a huge bomb in my truck, and a syringe of bleach that will kill you instantly. If you be quiet and help me, you won’t die.”
The employee “processed Dornhoff’s application” aka “called the police” a little after 11p.m. (kind of late to be filling out a job application, but no judgments here). Cops found him sitting at the bar when they arrived.
According to court documents, Dornhoff, in a sharing mood, told the police he uses methamphetamines and went to the restaurant hoping to find a way to fulfill his sexual fantasies. “Hoping to find a job” might have been a better thing to say.
Police found neither a huge bomb nor a syringe of bleach that will kill you instantly in Dornhoff’s truck. He is scheduled to appear in court in August.
A New Jersey couple is suing their landlord for a refund after they said paranormal activity caused them to flee their rental home.
Michele Callan and her fiance, Josue Chinchilla, moved into the home in Toms River, N.J., with Callan’s two children on March 1 and were immediately spooked.
“Three taps on the TV, taps on the shoulder…” Chinchilla told ABC News.
At first they chalked it up to the adjustment period of moving into a new home.
But things only got spookier, they said.
Doors opened and closed. The family even claimed they recorded strange voices whispering, “Let it burn.”
The new tenants said that between the menacing voices, flickering lights and clothes mysteriously flying from their closets, they couldn’t take it anymore. They fled the three-bedroom home and checked into a hotel, where they said they have been living since March 13.
Callan and Chinchilla filed suit last week in New Jersey Superior Court, seeking the return of their $2,250 security deposit from their landlord, Richard Lopez.
Lopez filed a counter-suit claiming the couple is using alleged paranormal activity as a way to break their lease.
“Frankly, there is something else going on,” David Semanchik, who is Lopez’s lawyer, told the Asbury Park Press. “She is a single mom, she has this fiancé living with her. I think she is in over her head and she can’t afford the rent.”
The couple said that isn’t the case, but ultimately a judge will have the final word on whether the family will be able to escape their alleged nightmare on Lowell Avenue.