I normally abhor Credit Cards.
At best I would go for Debit cards, the reason being if you have money you spend and do not spend anticipating income.
However to day it becomes difficult with out using either Credit/Debit Cards.
Though the chances of your bring fleeced by processing fees and cumbersome Billing Process,there are people like my daughter who has never paid a fine or excess in addition to using the Card to its fullest .
The selection of credit card is difficult.
I have come across some information which I am reproducing below.
“CardRatings.com is the most comprehensive free source for comparing credit card offers and has helped millions of consumers research and find the best credit cards. If you are in the market for a new card, choose from among our featured cards below and apply easily and securely online.
- LIMITED TIME: No Balance Transfer Fee!*
- Transfer your higher rate balances during the first 30 days your account is open and you will pay no balance transfer fee! After that, the balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred with a minimum of $5
- 0% Intro APR for up to 12 months – a variable APR as low as 11.99-21.99% after your 0% ends
- Slate with Blueprint helps you pay down your balances faster and save on interest
- Zero liability on unauthorized purchases*
- No Annual Fee.
- In this site you can get reasonably unbiased information on Best Credit Cards, Worst Cards.
- You may click on the options you need and you are provided with relevant information.
- Most of the information may be relevant to US .
- We can get a fair idea as to what to expect in India.
- The Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards (wisebread.com)
- If used right, credit card balance transfers can save cash (usatoday.com)